KIDTEA School aims to provide soft skill and hard skill to the children, teenagers, and young adults in our community. We focus on educating them with English and French as the foreign languages. Today, we have 145 students who are divided into five levels in four classrooms to learn English and one level in two classrooms to study French.
We are using Incredible English books 2nd Edition written by Sarah Phillips, who is an expert in CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) and how the brain learns. There are 7 levels of Incredible Books from Starter until Level VI. Each book contains 9 units, except Starter book that exists only 6 units. All books are come with Class book, Activity book, flashcards, audio aids, games, stories, reading texts, grammars, and videos. The Incredible English book is a general English book which has all skills in it such as reading, speaking, listening, grammar, mathematics, arts, sciences, histories, … etc. Therefore, after the pupils learn this book, the student will be able to use all skills which are already mentioned above.
Lesson plan is needed to be done before stepping into the classroom. Moreover, be well-prepared with all materials to teach is extremely significant as well. A Khmer teacher is placed in each class as a main teacher to teach while there are some volunteers come to involve and to assist the main teacher to push the work better. All teachers and assistances (volunteers) are encouraged to use English language in the classroom in order to instruct and to teach the students. Therefore, the kids will have a lot of opportunities to practice and to enhance their English.
There are a few educational programmes which KIDTEA School has been implementing annually.
- Spelling Bee: Students in each class and level are organized to compete with how to spell the vocabulary they learned within a year. This programme aims to urge the children to remember the words which they already studied with their own teachers.
- Field Trip: The kids at KIDTEA School are arranged to participate the study tour to see and discover new places in order to learn different cultures, civilizations, and gain more ideas to use for their own lives.
- Book Club: This is a new programme which we have just planned to strengthen the students’ ability with reading, remembering and narrating the story.
- Weekly Quiz: Every week, we place some questions on the wall for the children in our school to answer to obtain the awards which are donated by the volunteers.
There are varies of tests which we are practicing in our school.
- Placement Test: All students are required to take placement test in order to place them in the correct level with the existing knowledge which they have.
- Quiz: The teachers always prepare a quiz to assess the students’ learning once a week. It is normally on Friday.
- Progress Test: The students need to sit in their progress test every month to evaluate the progressing of their learning within a month.
- Final Test: In three months, the pupils at our school are commanded to sit in exams to test how much of knowledge they gain and to upgrade the new levels. All skills are tested in the finals such as listening, speaking, and written tests.
Time and Schedule
We use an hour and half to spend for teaching each level in each day.
8:00AM – 10:00AM
Level Teacher Time
Starter Vann Lane 9:00 – 10:00AM
Incredible I Vann Lance 8:00 – 9:00AM
Incredible II Chhen Chhean 8:00 – 10:00AM
Incredible III Choeuy Sopheak 8:00 – 9:00AM
Incredible IV Choeuy Sopheak 9:00 – 10:00AM
There is only one break time: 9:00 – 9:10AM
1:00PM – 4:00PM
Level Teacher Time
Starter T. Lane & T. Chhean 2:30 – 4:00PM
Incredible I Vann Lane 1:00 – 2:30PM
Incredible II Chhen Chhean 1:00 – 2:30PM
Incredible III Choeuy Sopheak 1:00 – 4:00PM
Incredible IV Eric Henault 1:00 – 2:30PM
There are three break times
- 1:50 – 2:00PM
- 2:30 – 2:40PM
- 3:20 – 3:30 PM